Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Winter Riding Mojo

I think I've lost my mojo. :(

I didn't ride yesterday even though it was only in the upper 30s low 40s by the time I was leaving. The high yesterday was close to 60. Today, it was already in the 50s when I left (in the car) and the high is supposed to be close to 70 but it is very windy (gusts up to 80). I convinced myself I had other things to do and needed the car today (shopping and what not). I think I'm intimidated by my windshield. That and being out of town and off the bike for over two weeks has me off a bit.

Yesterday I was really trying hard to convince myself that I should ride. Then I realized if I was thinking so much about all the variables and not the ride, I really shouldn't be on the bike. So, I felt ok about that.

But today, it is so warm out. Why am I not on the bike?

This morning's excuses were - I wasn't packed and it would take to long to get everything together so I'd be late; too windy and the new big windshield might cause my bike to get blown over in the parking lot (which has happened before to other bikes); it could be cold coming home; it would be tough coming home looking through the windshield - among others.

Have I really lost my mojo? I was planning to be this hard core, as long as there isn't snow or ice on the ground rider. That last really cold ride (before the new shield) when I had to turn around really spooked me I guess. I don't want my hands to be cold. That hurts and is not safe. But that was why I bought the giant shield, wasn't it? Hmmmm.

Maybe I'll need to take a test ride when I'm not on the way to work. Maybe this weekend if it doesn't snow we can do the test ride.

I need to get my mojo back. And maybe some heated grips.

No comments: