Thursday, October 30, 2008

Handguards

Hubby added the National Cycle hand guards to my bike. I really like the look of them and so far they work ok. I think we still need to tweak them a bit although I'm not sure how we can. Here are some pics of them.






There is a gap on the right one because of the brake fluid box. I can't move it any closer to close that gap. You can sort of see the difference when you compare how close the inside edge is to the grip. They look awesome I think. They are also easy to install. Well, they did need some modification. Hubby had to cut the ends to make them shorter. I don't think we took any before pics. These were supposed to be the model for the 250 Rebel but when I got the package it said it was for a different bike. It was the right number so there wasn't an error on the part of the ebay seller. It seems to be marked wrong in the National Cycle catalog or something. At any rate, I figured we'd have to modify them somehow. So, it wasn't a big deal really.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I like the look of those handguards on a Rebel-style bike. Classy.

I saw these when looking for guards for my SV, but they just didn't fit the look of the bike. Then again, I'm not using the mirror mounts like a stock bike so that type of mounting system doesn't work either. Dang, I'm good at rationalizing my choice of look over function!