Thursday, May 22, 2008

2-up!!

In the process of moving to our new place, I gave my niece a ride on the back of the moto. It was so much fun! We only traveled about 2 miles and never got over 40 mph (maybe not even over 35mph) which made for a nice first 2-up ride for me and good first ride for her. I can't wait to do it again!

Here we are all geared up and posing for the camera. Her mom took a few photos. Maybe next time we can get some of us on the road too. :-)


She's 15 so I haven't been cool since she was about 8. But, on this day, she listened intently to everything I told her. We went over looking into the turns, not taking her feet off the pegs, adjusting the visor on the helmet, where to hold on, how to put on the helmet, when to get on and off the bike. After the ride, she wanted to know about the MSF class. That was cool to chat motorcycles with her. :-) I miss being the cool aunt. :-) But, maybe I still am, she just doesn't say it out loud anymore.

Here we are on the bike ready to go! It was a nice ride. I think long enough for me. I was a bit nervous with this precious cargo. I do hope we get to ride together more.

And, of course, a side benefit for her was that she can brag about it to her brother, who has not yet ridden on the moto. Maybe hubby will take him for a ride one day. Or maybe I will. We'll see. This just happened to work out for her on that day.

And, as soon as all this moving is done, I'll get to ride around myself as well. The weather has been beautiful, good for moving, better for riding. We'll get to ride this weekend for sure. We're meeting some friends for breakfast. That'll be nice. And a nice break from moving too. :-)

No comments: