Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rebel vs. Civic

The weather has been up and down, very spring-like, go figure. I've ridden when I can and the bike has been running very smoothly. Each time I've ridden, when I get home, the ride has been so smooth I have to smile. Who knew that this old bike would serve me as well as it has. Gotta love the Honda!

And speaking of, I think I'll add a side bar about my Civic. That car has served me well too, but I expected that to happen. I bought it new in 1997 and have had absolutely no trouble with it (knock on wood). Went in for an oil change yesterday and there are starting to be some problems that need attention but it is over 10 years old. And, it has over 220,000 miles on it! Wow. Great car! I'm going to add a side bar to reflect the gas mileage to compare it to my Rebel. The Civic doesn't get the mpg that it used to. That may be my fault. I've taken care of it but I'm not sure what the difference is aside from the age of the car. Anywho, it will be good to keep track of that too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Followed your link from the HondaRebel forum. That bike looks sweet. I have a 250 and a 93 Civic also (210K miles). Love it to pieces.

Matt
(PerfectStranger)