Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Behind the Water Truck

On my commute home last night I ended up behind a water truck that of course was leaking water behind it. I tried to stay back from it but it really didn't matter as the trail of wet pavement was there no matter my position. At first I tried to ride to the extreme right of the lane. (This was on hwy 128.) It seemed drier there but I couldn't then see the oncoming traffic and they couldn't see me. It was a fairly large truck that I also didn't have an opportunity to pass. Sigh. Eventually, it stayed on 128 when I turned onto Indiana so that was good. But, it got me thinking about what the dangers really were in that situation. I maintained what I thought was a safe speed but I'm not really sure how I could have or should have approached that situation. Something to think about for sure.

1 comment:

Bob Blogger said...

I feel your pain I drive a motorcycle and I drive a water truck, Always chasing tank leaks or stuck spray heads dribbling water.

By the way, There are only two things that are legal to spill on the road in California - Clean water and Bird Feathers.