Monday, October 8, 2007

Chilly morning

This morning was just above freezing when I got up. So, I got to use my new winter gauntlet gloves that I bought at MotoGear Outlet. I had to stop to get gas so I figure I would know by the time I got to the gas station how warm I'd be. Turns out I was too warm. The sun came out and that sure made a difference. I had on many layers - short sleeve tee, long sleeve tee, long sleeve turtleneck, fleece vest and then my moto jacket with the liner in. I also had on a balaclava under my helmet. So, my neck was very warm, in fact I couldn't close my jacket at the neck. I also had on long warm tights under my moto mesh pants with the quilted liner in. Wool socks and I liner in my moto boots. (My toes get cold and so do my finger tips usually.)

At the gas station, I took off my heavy gauntlet gloves and put my Joe Rocket warm gloves on with a glove liner. I was having trouble handling the grips with the bigger gloves one. I also took off the fleece vest because I was having a hard time turning my head.

That was much better! I wasn't cold at all and I felt more comfortable handling the bike too.

No comments: