Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Riding to work vs. not riding to work

I'm having withdrawals. I feel this great need to ride the bike but the weather and time won't cooperate. Hubby and I have thought about it every weekend but never do. There is still enough ice in the driveway to dissuade us. And each evening we say, "We should have ridden." Oh well. We are a cautious people. And it is still quite chilly. The last two weekends there were plenty of bikes on the road to make us wish we were one of them. (Well, two of them.) Today the high was forecast to be in the 50s with a polar front arriving tonight. I seriously thought about it. Now I'm glad I didn't because it is quite cloudy and windy and I doubt it is 50 degrees. Of course, it was going to be in the low 40s during the times I'd actually be riding anyway.

I've noticed though that I'm quite grumpy at work these days. Everyone blames it on the lack of sunshine in the winter months but I know it is because I'm driving the car and the bike is sitting in the garage.

Another thing, I have been eating more crap food at work than I do when I ride. It is so easy to drive the car to the drive thru for lunch. And because I feel less alert when I arrive it takes a while to get my game face on at work. So, I eat more snacks to try to get myself awake. I drink more Cokes, too. Ugh. This ain't good. I sit all day long and eat crap food and drink Cokes. We all see where this is going.

I need to make some changes & riding the bus to work is the easy answer. I just have to get myself motivated to get up earlier and get the game face on for the looong bus ride.

Only two months until spring. This month is almost over, February is longer this year but that's ok, then March, Colorado's snowiest month. Then April! Yay!

(Sigh.)

No comments: