Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shocks, stickers, cabinets...

Hubby adjusted my shocks yesterday morning. What a difference! I hadn't really realized how soft they were. They've always been that way and I guess I just never thought about it. That reminded me how little riding experience I really have. But, now, when I am leaving or returning to the driveway, that huge bump where the street meets the sidewalk isn't so horrible. I think this winter we'll have to change the front and rear. The right front and the left rear have leaks.

I also got my fleur de lis reflective stickers in the mail yesterday! I was hoping one would fit on my helmet but they are a bit too large. I've already got other stickers on their anyway so that's ok. I bought these with the intention of putting them on the saddle bags. I haven't sat down with them yet to see what they'll look like. They are silvery so they won't blend in like the sheets of black that I also bought. But, we'll see. Maybe they'll fit on the back and I can put the black sheets on the sides.

On Sunday, hubby hung the last of the cabinets in the garage. I now have my own! I promptly filled them with the parts from the black rebel parts bike. Yay! :-) I've got other spare parts as well, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, and some other random accessories like my Saints license plate frame and my grip warmers. I really hope we add those this season. I'll have to get new grips, which I want to do anyway, some fatter ones would be nice. These sport bike ones are too skinny and hurt my hands. I feel like I have to hold them too tightly. I may need to get some risers as well if I switch out the handle bars.

No comments: