Friday, January 2, 2009

New Tank on the way

So, I ordered the Tank brand gas tank for my Rebel. A few folks on the Rebel Board have said this tank is a perfect fit for the 250 Rebel. And there is a tutorial on how to adapt the 250 tank to the 450. So, that's the plan. The Tank gas tank (I know, very confusing) is slightly bigger than the Rebel gas tank. Not by much (0.5 gal) but every little bit helps. :-)

When I first ordered the tank, I wanted to get the one with the built in speedo. But when I looked for the speedo parts it was showing out of stock. So, I ordered a gas gauge cover from a different model bike hoping it would fit. When I called to check (you have to order online but have to call to get questions answered) I was told they were not compatible so I told them to cancel the gas gauge. Turns out they didn't because I got an email saying both had shipped. So, I called again this morning and they are sending me a return label so I can send it right back. But, the very helpful parts lady informed me that they were not getting in more speedo covers because they are going to sell the complete set - speedo and cover. So, I ordered one of those.

The price for the brand new gas tank - $102.08 with shipping. The price for the speedo and cover - $29.58 with shipping. :-) That's not bad for brand new stuff. Stay tuned for more!

No comments: