Thursday, August 6, 2009

ABQ here we come.... maybe next time...

My sister-in-law emailed me yesterday and asked if I wanted to take the next two days off and ride to Albuquerque with her. She was packing for a drive down and thought it would be fun to ride instead. I didn't say no right away but my little adult on my shoulder hesitated. We discussed it back and forth and decided to wait for hubby to tell us if he could go. He couldn't. So, I said no. I learned that we don't have emergency roadside assistance for the motos, only for the cars. So that was one thing. I'm not a wrencher. Even though I am confident in my bike, it's never done a 500 mile trip before, and neither have I for that matter. It was pretty late in the evening before we got home and I hadn't had time to pack yet. It would be a 4 day adventure and I wasn't sure what else I had planned for the weekend. (My sister and I have actually made plans to run stairs at Red Rocks on Saturday.) So, I chickened out. :-(

I hope we get to do it as a group though with our husbands along as well. It is definitely on the ride to do list. Hubby needs more lead time to take time off from his job. Me, not so much. An email in the morning is usually ok, if nothing is going on. Sigh. Now I wish I were on the road.... Although, after the ride in the storm last night, I'm actually glad to be off the moto for a bit.

That reminds me, I need to look into some emergency roadside assistance insurance for the motos.

No comments: