Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Moto Parking

We have successfully petitioned for more motorcycle parking at work! Woot!

A month or two ago a bunch of us who ride to work sent emails and filled out the online comment form to ask if we could get more parking closer to our buildings. This summer has been a very active motorcycling season at work. Many more motos are parked in the two lots closest to our building. Each lot has six spaces. One is right in front of my building. The other is a bit farther away but not terribly so. But the farther lot is in the same lot where the CU buses park. Their spaces block access to some of these moto parking spaces like this:



I took this photo last week. That's mine on the end. Notice it isn't technically in a spot (no line on the outside). There was one spot left in the farther lot and I couldn't get into it because of the bus parked in it's spot. So, I took this photo with my camera phone and sent another email to parking services. That same day, I got a reply. The person I emailed is listed as the point of contact for new parking lots. She replied that after coming out to evaluate the spaces, they were going to add more spaces to this particular lot (on the end where I am in the photo). They also said they'd make an exception to the university rule of only creating moto parking on concrete lots and add a new lot on the existing car asphalt lot adjacent to this one (in the photo). AND they said they'd do it next week.

That was last week. Today on my way home I swung by this lot to see if they'd added the spaces. They did!!



They'd said they would angle the lines to make access easier so I'll follow up about that. And there is the curb to contend with. But, I think it is absolutely fabulous that they listened to our concerns, came out to assess it, created a solution, and acted on it so quickly. Awesome!

And here is the new lot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, its really a nice parkin Slot for motorcycle. in my country there's no nice parking slot. My motorscycle always get new scratch after parkin in a public space

Nice to know u

Robby Ikhtiardi
Yamaha Scorpio 225