Thursday, August 20, 2009

New rear tire!

Yesterday I got a new rear tire at Colorado Powersports. They have a deal that if you buy the tire there, you get free mounting and labor. My new Dunlop 404 was $123 out the door. The cost of the tire plus the disposal fee was all I paid. And it was done by 2:00. This place happens to be close to my office. I drop it off first thing in the morning (9am) and they get it done by the end of the day. Very friendly folks too. No snide remarks or turned up noses at the 86 Rebel. I have had other Honda dealerships do those things when I've mentioned the type of bike.

When I picked it up yesterday, I paid my ticket and the service guy said he'd meet me out front with the bike. So, I walked out to gate, which is a private gate so you can't see any of the bikes behind it. He fired it up and that familiar engine sound made me smile. It isn't a hum or even a whine but something in between. I've not heard other bikes sound like mine and it dawned on me that I've never heard any other Rebels running. Weird. Anyway, no matter how much I want that BMW, this Rebel sure does make me happy.

After I got home I kept looking at the bike because something seemed off some how. I walked around it, looked it over, and then it hit me. They washed it! The air filter cover and battery cover were both so shiny. It was weird. Hubby said maybe they just didn't want to get dirt on themselves. Laughing They didn't wash the whole bike just wiped down the tank, and some shiny bits.

Very cool shop if you are in the neighborhood.

No comments: