Sunday, November 18, 2007

New Windshield



I bought this on ebay. It is a National Cycle Plexifairing 3 windshield. I bought it so that it would give me more coverage particularly over my hands. We installed it yesterday and I did a short test drive with it but so far it hasn't been tested on a regular commute or anything. Yesterday I rode around the neighborhood a bit and also hopped on the interstate for a short run. It didn't seem so different than the smaller Spitfire shield. Aside from actually looking through it instead of over it, I didn't feel much of a change from the smaller to the larger. It wasn't terribly cold on the ride last night so I couldn't really tell how much coverage and protection my hands had. That will be the test during the work commute on Monday morning.

It is much larger, obviously, than the Spitfire. I really like the Spitfire but just need more coverage on my hands. The bike certainly feels bigger with the Plexifairing. But, I could get used to that. The speedo reflects right where I look through the shield. Maybe I can get or hubby can fashion a visor for the speedo. I'm sure we'll play around with the angle of the shield a bit too as I ride more.

Another photo:
















My view through the shield:

No comments: