Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Airglide Hi-Viz Yellow

Just wanted to post a photo of my new to me jacket and do a quick review. I have worn it only once and I love it! There is a pretty substantial inner jacket liner that can be worn alone and is water proof. (I haven't tested that part out yet.) I wore it on a morning when the temps were in the low 40s with the liner and it was quite comfy.

The jacket can be adjusted in the arms and hips and waist. That is a nice feature when you remove the liner which, I did on the ride home when temps were in the upper 70s. Wow! So, comfy to have the mesh jacket.

The only thing I have to get used to is the collar. It isn't bad, just different. And the back padding is pretty high so when I'm sitting on the bike I can't tip my head back. Not something I'll probably need to do on the bike anyway really. I wonder if it is designed that way for more crash protection?

It also seemed that people could see me better. I could actually see them look at me, much the same as they do when I have my highway lights on. Without the hi-viz or extra lights, they seemed to look past me as they rolled through the intersection and suddenly stop. With the extra conspicuity, they actually stop first.

Anyway, so far, two thumbs up for this jacket!

No comments: