Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Well, last week was a nice time to ride. This week, not so much. Warm temps last week enabled me to ride 3 of the 4 days I had to work. (I was off on Friday for spring break.) Then...the snow came again. Sigh. Today I am home sick and it is the nicest day of the week (of course).

I bought a new (to me) jacket. I bought it on Craig's List and it is almost new although it reeks of cigarette smoke. I've been trying to wash it, spray it with FeBreeze, hang it outside, to get rid of the smell. I think I just need to wear it on a nice long ride to get the cigarette smell out and the smell of the open road in. :-) The jacket is an Olympia Airglide and it is hi-viz neon yellow! I'd been wanting one like this! It was a great deal too. I can't wait for summer so I can really try it out. It does have a waterproof quilted liner so I can probably wear it the next time I ride. But, we'll see. The jacket is the same model as my pants too. I like having things that match. The pants are silver but that's ok.

No comments: