Friday, April 25, 2008

Fortune Cookie

My fortune said,"You are a traveler at heart. There will be many journeys."

The weather is slowly warming up. There is still snow in the forecast for the metro area although they are calling it trace amounts. It won't stick or keep for very long. That's a good thing. But, it still makes for a cold morning ride some times.

We've been packing in anticipation of moving into our first home we'll own. So, I've been quite tired since I'm in such wonderful shape (not). This morning I decided to drive to work. I was debating my options - is 35 degrees too cold for my new jacket? - should I wait an hour and then go? - stuff like that. Then it dawned on me that I was trying to convince myself to ride and that isn't a good thing. The moto didn't have my full attention which is not the best way to ride.

I drove yesterday too because I was running late and thought I'd have boxes to bring home from work. The day before, during my ride, I felt a bit off. My stops were not so graceful, my mind was wandering, and it was just not my best day I guess. Nothing too terrible but I think I was just tired. So, maybe I don't have my riding muscles back yet.

Maybe I should sign up for the Experienced Rider Course to get the bugs out.

Maybe I just need the weekend to rest. A really warm day would be nice too.

I'm also debating about keeping my miles per gallon updated on the blog. I did well last year but so far this season I haven't done it. Weird. I was thinking about buying one of the moto maintenance log books from Aerostich to carry on the bike. Then I can keep track of stuff there and later transfer it to the blog. Or just a summary to the blog. That way I don't have to log on every other day when I get gas.

Maybe things will settle down again after the move too. And I'll have my routine back.

Happy Friday! TGIF!

No comments: