Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Grrrrr!!!!!

Some jackass nearly ran me out of my lane on the way to work this morning! Grrr! I was turning left from Baseline onto 30th, which is a double left. I was in the right left turning lane and he was in the left left turning lane. We both waited for the bus to go by and for the all clear but he decided he had to swing all the way out and make a wide turn and push me out of the way. I laid on the horn which did nothing at all. He didn't turn to look, didn't slow down, didn't even drift back to the proper lane. He wasn't actually drifting at all into my lane but purposefully changing lanes while turning. Jackass! Fortunately I saw this and got out of the way. I laid on the horn through the turn and got no reaction from him! Crazy! Time to upgrade the horn I guess. I'm sure he saw me too. I was right next to him with my hi-viz yellow jacket on before he even started moving. Grrrrrr!!!!

Just had to vent. I was so mad. I swear the most dangerous part of my commute is between 30th and Baseline and the driveway into the parking lot. I always almost get crushed along that last part of my route. I do look for it though so have never ever really had any close calls. I believe in scanning, evaluating, executing, and also anticipating. I'd much rather give myself time to not be in an accident, even if I have the right of way, in any situation.

Jackass!! Grrr!

No comments: