Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Night ride

After work yesterday I had a meeting down south with a colleague. It was a fairly long and hot trek during evening rush hour. It has been really hot here lately. Anyway, we were there at the restaurant until about 9:00pm. That made for a very nice, cool and relaxing evening ride home. It was about 35 miles from work to the restaurant and then about 12 miles home from there. Got to use my spotlights again. They are so super bright. But that made me think about my current headlight. Maybe it isn't bright enough?? So, along those lines, this morning on the way to work, it was sort of cloudy so I turned on the spotlights again. At a stop light, I noticed in my reflection on the back of an SUV that I could only see the two spotlights and not the headlight. So, I double checked it when I parked and it was on but very dim. So, I'll ride with my high beams on until I can get that replaced.

All of these little things are starting to add up now. But, the bike is over 20 years old...

No comments: