Saturday, September 15, 2007

Latest accessories purchased

So, I started this blog and then went away for a week. So, I don't have much to update. My latest ebay purchase is a set of highway bars and pegs. They fit the 450 but won't work with my crash bars. So, we are pondering how to utilize them. I'd like to keep the crash bar but I'd also really like to have room to stretch my legs. Of course I haven't done any long trips so maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

I also purchased through ebay what was supposed to be a 7" headlight. Turns out it was the same size as my current headlight. So, I sent it back.

We did have some trouble with the spotlights draining the battery but I'm hoping that's be solved. I came home from work the Friday after we put them on (so 5 days later) and when I got home and turned off the bike, there was no juice left. It did charge back up and I've ridden it since but not much, since I was out of town. This week will be the next test I suppose. We couldn't determine any reason for the battery drain. Putting a volt meter on it didn't show any problems. And the battery is two months old. So, we'll keep an eye on it.

No comments: