Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Wanna race?!"

I stopped at a hardware store on the way home from work to buy some 3-in-1 oil. My shifter was sticking. After buying the oil and applying some to fix the problem, I was getting geared up to head out. I had my helmet on and was putting my jacket on when I pick up truck drove through the parking lot. It was a largish truck with a camper on the back with what looked like it was carrying all the driver's possessions in it. It was even tilted a bit to one side. As it came around, the guy calls out, "Hey! Wanna race?". I cracked up and he started to laugh, then flashed the hang loose sign and drove off. It was pretty funny!

Lots of people seem to get odd comments about their Rebels and not always nice ones I guess. But, I've never had any mean comments made toward me. So far so good. Well, aside from the mechanic at the local stealership. When I brought my bike in once for some service, the service tech handed the mechanic my key and asked him to take the CMX for a test ride. The mechanic said snidely, "A Rebel?" as if it wasn't worth his time to bother with it. But, aside from that, I've only had positive comments. Everyone seems to like the bike when they see it. And I get lots of waves on the road too!

No comments: