Monday, September 24, 2007

To ride or not to ride....

Yesterday, after riding a small amount of rain and feeling quite jazzed about it, I gathered my things last night for today's morning ride. This morning, after watching the weather forecast, I thought, I'll be sure to wear my tights under my mesh pants with the rain liner. I'll even wear my heavier jacket since the temps were in the 40s. But the more I listened the more I began to doubt riding was such a good idea. And I was planning to ride home from Boulder in the evening because we are planning to watch the Monday Night game at a sports bar there. So, at the last minute, I decided driving might be better. I wasn't feeling up to a ride home in the dark and wet.

Of course, all the way to work, there was hardly any rain at all. I kept second guessing myself telling myself I could have ridden. There are many more days before the wet winter arrives and I'm missing out on a good day.

I get to work, and it started raining a bit harder but still nothing I thought I couldn't handle. But, I decided to park in the parking lot just in case the weather got worse. I didn't feel like walking in the rain with my crocs on.

I get inside, purchase a parking pass, and as I head for the door to put the pass in my car, it begins to really come down. So much so that I had to go back for my umbrella. Then as soon as I get in the car, it comes down even harder. And then it is a hail storm. So, I am trapped in my car for about 5 minutes waiting for the hail to stop so I can get back into the office. Crazy.

So glad I didn't ride today!

No comments: