Sunday, September 23, 2007

Loveland

Hubby and I rode out to Loveland yesterday to his sister's house. His mom was visiting so it was a nice ride for us and nice to see her again as well. It was a very nice day for a ride. Clear blue skies, temperatures in the 80s or so. Round trip was about 95 miles or so. Route was straight up highway 287 and back.

On the way out, before we made it to the gas station and only a few blocks from home, a woman on a cell phone in a little four door car tried to occupy the lane I was in. I laid on my horn to alert her to my presence and she turned and looked right at me all the while continuing to get over. People suck. Especially people driving cars while talking on their cell phones.

After that the ride got a little better. It was quite busy heading out of town being a Saturday and late morning. Once we were north of Broomfield things cleared up and I could enjoy the ride more.

Hubby generally leads when we go out together. He is a more conservative driver than I am so that helps me to be a more patient moto rider. I get much better gas mileage when I follow him too. I still find myself riding too close to him and I can't figure out why. Am I going to fast? Is his speed that variable? Maybe it is the differences between the CX500 and the CMX450. My bike is a 6 speed and his is a 5 speed. I am a more aggressive rider than he is so maybe it is just that.

We rode home about 8:30 or maybe it was closer to 9:00pm. The night ride was awesome. It was nice and cool but not too cold for me. Not a lot of traffic to contend with either. I got to use my spotlights for the first time at night. They really make a big difference, more than I thought they would. I was mainly wanting them so people could see me better. I don't really ride very much at night so that was really an after thought. The other thing the lights do is light up the reflective piping and patches on hubby's jacket, pants and helmet. The next time we ride I'll have to take some video to show the difference the spotlights make.

One thing I still haven't been able to figure out is how to hit the garage remote so that the door opens for us as we pull into the driveway. Hard to get to it with it in my jacket pocket.

No comments: